The project is made of several components:
- ffmpeg is a command line tool to convert multimedia files
- ffserver is a multimedia streaming server for live
- ffplay is a simple media player based on SDL and the FFmpeg libraries.
- ffprobe is a is a simple multimedia stream analyzer.
- libavutil is a library containing functions for
simplifying programming, including random number generators, data
structures, mathematics routines, core multimedia utilities, and much
- libavcodec is a library containing decoders and encoders
for audio/video codecs.
- libavformat is a library containing demuxers and
muxers for multimedia container formats.
- libavdevice is a library containing input and output
devices for grabbing from and rendering to many common multimedia
input/output software frameworks, including Video4Linux, Video4Linux2,
VfW, and ALSA.
- libavfilter is a library containing media filters.
- libswscale is a library performing highly optimized image
scaling and color space/pixel format conversion operations.